Thread: Access Violations and "BSD"

Default Access Violations and "BSD"

Need Help .......

Getting either Blue Screen of Death (BSD) and/or Access violations when running Spybot v1.4

Started a week ago. If Spybot isn't run then do not have any problems though it must be stated that my daughter now gets BSD playing World of WarCraft.

Testing with SpyBot...................

BSD codes have been today 0x0A, 0x7F, 0x8E, 0xD1

Access violations have been (there have been others)

1. Adware sheriff [20] {access violation in address 005aa79b in module 'SpybotSD.exe. Read at address 00000052}
    2 Lots of......Adware sheriff [nn] {access violation in address 00420ad7 in module 'SpybotSD.exe. Read at address 00000076} where 'nn' is 21 and higher
    3. AlertSpyL112]{access violation in address 004052ee in module 'SpybotSD.exe. Read at address 73656c61}

Had error window come up with...

Access violation at address 00401d4a in module 'SpybotSD.exe. write at address 00000046

Had warning window with message .....

c:program files\spybot-search_destroy\includes\PUPS.sbi{access violation at address 00404378 in module spybotSD.exe. Read at address 00000042

I've uninstalled and re-installed Spybot. Had similar occurances.

Checked memory (have 1 x 512 and 2 x 256). Ran Spybot on 1GB system, a 512MB system and on 256MB system (as 256-1 and 256-2). Similar issues occured irrespective of mem configuration

I run Ad-aware as a complimentary product to Spybot without problems and I've scanned with Windows Defender without problems

Currently typing this on PC which is having "Spybot Problem" and as long as I don't run it all OK. Suggests memory OK (running with 256MB only at present)

Any helpers for this problem ????????????

PS still have BSD issue with World of WarCraft. Wondering if there is some connection between what's happening when using spybot !!!!

Hello,

Similar errors at various points during the scan have been reported on numerous occasions by people running Windows 95/98/ME systems.

The scan terminates when the error occurs.

You can translate (German to English) using:
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse = Access injury with address (or more correctly Access violation at address)
    Modul = Module
    Lesen von Adresse = Reading from address

This (in German):
    Error during check!: --- various --- [Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 005FD5D2 in Modul 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Lesen von Adresse xxxxxFFF] ()
    Becomes (in English):
    Error during check!: --- various --- [Access violation at address 005FD5D2 in Module 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Reading from address xxxxxFFF] ()

The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system.
    In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot