Thread: Spybot S&D application window doesn't show

Default Spybot S&D application window doesn't show

Hi guys.

This might already be answered in this forum, but the postings I found when looking for a solution did not help me (I may have used the wrong keywords).

Anyway, here's the problem: I have a Windows XP SP2 laptop, on which I installed Spybot S&D 1.4. I tried to launch it but nothing happened. It does appear as a process in the task manager, but I do not see the application window. I redid a clean install of Spybot S&D (uninstall, clean registry keys, empty Spybot folders in C:\Document & Settings), and it still won't work.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this (i.e. make the Spybot S&D window appear when I launch the app).

Thank you.

Hi laromine,

At first we would need more information on your system.
    Please send us a RunAlyzer (a system analyzer tool) log. With this tool we can see for example if there is a virus on your system that could be responsible for the problem.

Download it from
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Then install it and open it. Choose the tab "logs" and click "create sbsd log".
    With the "Save" button save it on your desktop, then send it attached to an email to webmaster@spybot.info.