Thread: windows security center reports za antivirus...

Default windows security center reports za antivirus...

is out of date after installing today's update, performing a scan, and allowing s&d to correct a hit.

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings (Registry change, fixed)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0

seems legit enough not to want malware overriding your av, but windows security center?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

This detection:
    Code:
    Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride: Settings
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0
    Indicated that you originally had the "Virus Protection" feature of Windows Security Center turned off.

If you go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > look at the right hand side of the window, you originally had "Virus Protection" set to "Off". By fixing the problem with Spybot the feature should now be turened "On".

With that setting of "Virus Protection" set to "Off" the Windows Windows Security Center won't monitor your virus protection status and won't send you alerts if it is off or out of date.

I suggest that you update your ZoneAlarm Anti-virus so the definitions are up to date.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

thanks for the reply, md, but i think the problem was za was having a problem earlier updating its antivirus definitions. i just got home and there was a message to the effect the antivirus definition update had failed. i wasn't getting that message earlier. it honestly appeared as though it was updating normally. i blamed the problem on spybot because i had never seen za av not update before.

all is well now. i manually updated the virus definitions. windows security center seems satisfied with my virus definitions. i pointed the finger at the wrong culprit.

I just disable to windows notifications, and then tell spybot not to display the keys again. Simple.