Thread: HELP - Change Home Page

Unhappy HELP - Change Home Page

I have tried everything to change my home page - I have gone IE>Tools>Internet Options>General - I have tried through the Controle Panel - in other words, I have tried all the obvious - Now I am trying to change it in the Spybot program by going to Tools>Browser Pages>Change - I have "changed" it twice and both times it just went back to the original page - PLEASE tell me someone has the answer -

Thank you (anyone) for your help
    jlo

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jlowe:

This may seem like a strange set of questions, but they are based on 21 days of frustration in another thread where someone stated "I can't change my homepage …" when in reality the page they chose for their "Home page" was not being displayed when IE started because they had a value set in "First Home page".

When you first start Internet Explorer what is the address of the first page displayed?

When you click Home what is the address of the page displayed?

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > General tab. In the "Home page" section of the “Internet Options" screen, what address is there (original value)?

Quote Originally Posted by jlowe View Post
    I have tried everything to change my home page …
    When you go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > General tab and alter the "Home page" section of the “Internet Options" screen, what address are you altering it to (new value) before clicking "OK"? Do you receive any messages when you click "OK"?

When you go back into Internet Explorer > Tools >Internet Options > General tab, in the "Home page" section of the “Internet Options" screen, what address there now (the original value or the old value)?

If it is the "Home page" is same address that you just altered it to (new value), when does the "Home page" change back to the original "Home page" address (original value) and do you get any messages from the time you set the new value and when it gets set back to the original value.

What software and version do you run that can prevent changes to the "Home page" or monitors changes to the "Home page". Examples: Spybot, TeaTimer, Zone Alarm, SpySweeper, etc.?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.