Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winsock lsp

Default self-education

ADDENDUM: after some further research through various threads in the last 20 minutes, it's clear that the solution to this particular problem is to uninstall spybot and then reinstall it, thereby securing the new version. i'm puzzled as to why one or another member of team spybot doesn't suggest that course directly, rather than have thread-readers reach only halfway to the solution by messing about with uncovering their current version numbers.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

oenophile:

Upgrading to Spybot-S&D 1.4 is not the only solution although probably the best. It also appears that downloading the updates again that may also resolve the problem using Spybot-S&D 1.3.

From the following post by PepiMK in "Listenindex uberschreitet das Maximum (17)":

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Update: Updates have been replaced with a version that should run under Spybot-S&D 1.3 without this problem. Still, I'll repeat that we urgently recommend upgrading

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default done

i uninstalled v1.3 and installed the new v1.4
    not at all difficult, and i'm back on track.
    thanks, all.
    Last edited by oenophile; 2006-12-09 at 18:41. Reason: corrected small typo

Default to the land of pleasant living

thanks for your additional input, md~man.
    i notice that you and the other members of the team have been working overtime in the last few days and weeks addressing this specific problem. why not just consolidate all of the queries into one single thread? i know from my own forum experiences that managing them is like herding cats, but the solution to this problem is so simple (and it's freeware, after all) that bringing the fix(es) into one thread seems like a smart efficiency.