Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listenindex uberschreitet das Maximum (17)

Default "Listenindex uberschreitet das Maximum (17)"

And yes, I am in the USA, with what I thought was an English install. Not being a German speaker, I have no idea what to do with this message that has just started popping up when I launch SD. The symptoms seem to be related to a failed update with PlanetMiror. Other associated weirdness - the fonts look different, and when I blow past this error I get taken to a screen on installed network drivers and protocols, which is a toolset I don't recall enabling... I've disabled the software until I understand what is going on.

Anyone else seeing this? It's happened on three PCs all of which talked to PlanetMirror at 9 AM EST this morning.

Thanks,

Pricey.

Please take a look at this topic... sounds imho like all three PCs are running version 1.3 still?

(Only two people who supplied information after asking for this were running 1.3, and we could reproduce it on 1.3 only. We'll provide a manual update that's compatible with 1.3 asap, but recommend STRONGLY to use 1.4 instead )

I just updated the Spybot - Search & Destroy software and getting the same
    error when lunching the software. Is the any fix for that?

Also I do not see the version number in the Help =>About. The Copyright shows 2000-2004,
    so it probably is 1.3

Paul

I think I am on 1.4 although the About page no longer lists the version. Most of the pages "look" different now.

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall is required now?

Peter

I have S&D 1.4 running on a Dell 3.6 P4 with WINXPSP2 pro and 1 gb of RAM with lots of virtual memorey. When I downloaded the new update today 8 Dec I got an error message: ""Listenindex uberschreitet das Maximum (17)." My Spybot would not detect the definitions and would no longer display the Help About software rev level. I cleared my cache and cookies and rebooted to no avail. No system changes or installations had been done. No other programs spyware or otherwise appear to have any problems. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

I am running S&D 1.4 and did the update this morning 8 Dec and got the same error message. The version is no longer display and the program does not appear to find the definitions so it can run. The network like page is displayed when I click ok on the error message.
    Last edited by PepiMK; 2006-12-08 at 20:33. Reason: Merged because of double-posting

Ok, somehow the forum software merged posts, not topics :D
    Blame Martychgo for double-posting

So to summarize what I accidently merged, we've got two cases where on thinks he is on 1.4, and the other won't mention it.

So again, please take a look at the linked topic to see a sure way to determine your version!
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Listenindex überschreitet das Maximum (17)

I also got this error dialog today, after downloading the updates. I also cannot determine what version I'm using because somehow, the Help/About page only says Spybot-S&D and there is no version or updates information visible.

The english translation is "List index exceeds maximum" (courtesy of Altavista/Babelfish). No idea what that means either, but obviously something from the updates dated today (8 Dec) has exceeded something in this software or this version?

I'm using Win98SE (ya, I know...) and I guess I'll download the latest and see if the problem goes away.

Please, just read the linked topic! You don't need the version number, there are two methods named there, by identifying the new icons and the copyright year!

Here they are again!

Update: Updates have been replaced with a version that should run under Spybot-S&D 1.3 without this problem. Still, I'll repeat that we urgently recommend upgrading

Default Eureka!

Alternative versions to find date and rev level did not work for me. Went to Explore/Programs and found the application right clicked to get properties, clicked on the version tab and found, guess what, I had 1.3 :(

Uninstalled 1.3, downloaded and installed and updated 1.4 and everything is fine now - end of story. Not sure where I missed or how I should now there was a product update?

Default Version number

Running the older version 1.3 - I will update and report back. However I can defintely confirm that the version number has evaporated from help/about, and the only way I can tell is from the copyright years.

Thanks,

Pricey.

None of the illustrated screenshots showing "easy" ways to identify the version of SpyBot I have matched what I actually see - there's no drop down section on the lefthand side, no licence info, no version info on any menu or display like th ered arrows etc suggest.

Control Panel -> add/remove programs told me I had 1.3

Like other people I had the funny error message immediately after applying updates.

Why doesn't the online update process tell us that there is a newer version than 1.3 available?

Ok, uninstalled 1.3 and installed 1.4. Error message is gone, but I'm sorry I installed 1.4. It's incredibly slow compared to 1.3. No idea why it takes so long to scan. It won't even do a usage tracks scan - just sits there and thinks. Oh well. I set it to scan only cookies as a user-defined combination. Took well over three minutes. That's crazy. I only have less than 50 cookies on my computer. Something happened between 1.3 and 1.4 that makes my system cringe. Oh well. Better luck next time. 1.3 was good while it lasted.

I too had problems yesterday. I was so relieved when I looked at the forums today that I was not the only one! I would like to add my own observations for the Spybot team who are so helpful.

I was running 1.3. So I assumed I needed to upgrade. I removed 1.3 using the uninstall Sybot file. When I rebooted I was unable to start my computer as something called Microsoft Office. ink is in my startup folder and the uninstall spybot file had somehow corrupted this. Luckily I set a restore point so I went back and then it was telling me I could not uninstall spybot as it did not exist even though it was still in my add/remove programs. The same message appeared if I tried to remove in add/remove programs or if I attempted to use spybots own uninstall.

A friend then suggested I simply install 1.4 as the next step. This I did and it worked. I now have 1.4 in my add/remove programs ( 1.3 no longer appears there) and I was able to download updates, scan and remove anything it found.

All seems fine now. I even went into the add/remove programs and found that the uninstall option was working in there. I did delete the old uninstall spybot from the all programs folder yesterday as it still gave me an error even after I had upgraded to 1.4.

My only concern really is the fact that by uninstalling spybot I corrupted something else namely microsoft office.ink whatever that may be.I am not very computer knowledgeable so I cant add anything more about that.

For your info I use XP with SP2.