Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listenindex uberschreitet das Maximum (17)

Default 1.4 cures all ills

Confirm that an upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 has resolved the problem caused by the Friday update.

I would agree with the suggestion above that some form of notice of a version "pop" out of the tool would be good. I was asleep at the wheel!

And let me say once again, because I can't say it often enough - great software - great job guys and gals.

Cheers,

Pricey

@pricey: Actually there was some note in 1.3 telling you to update to 1.4. Sadly, it was a one-time only note, probably easy to click away We'll try to think of something better.

Thank you

@Debbie 58: Regarding the "MS Office" thing: that was an item you disabled for running on startup through the tools section in Spybot-S&D. Disabling works by changing the file extension of the autostart link, so that Windows won't run it itself. If Spybot-S&D is deinstalled, the handler for this file extension is missing - but except for a warning messafe from Windows, the computer will boot anyway, it shouldn't case "unable to start my computer" And you could manually remove the link whenever you want (or rename it back), but installing 1.4 should've helped as well.

@davidbaldwin: 1.4 has way more mechanisms to detect things. While 1.3 may appear faster, it wasn't as thorough If it's only about usage tracks, I would recommend that you empty the cache of all your browsers and try again to see if this is the source of the problem. A huge browser cache can contain thousands of small files...
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

re: note in 1.3 advising people to upgrade to 1.4

If it ony happened once: do you mean it would have happened for me with my fairly recent install of 1.3, or that it happened - say - only to those users using 1.3 eg a year or two ago? Reminders need to keep happening.

I don't altogether like the way that users like me unknowingly running a downlevel version of SpyBot have had it install an update meant only for version 1.4 - can't the updates be restricted to the version they're suitable for?

We could increment the minimum build probably; the reason why we wanted to allow updates for 1.3 users still is mostly that 1.4 won't run on Windows 95, and we can't (yet) make updates visible for specific OS only. Good point to keep in mind for the upcoming changes though
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Pepi MK thank you so very very much for that.

I have now amended so that it no longer shows as disabled in the startup folder.

1.4 is much better altho it takes longer to scan.

I had an entry that kept reappearing in 1.3 called Microsoft Active.Desktop following a pest trap infection a few months ago. Spybot saved my computer then.

1.4 seems to have removed it on the first scan. (fingers crossed its gone for good)

You guys do a fantastic job!