Thread: weird error message

Default weird error message

Can someone please help? I just upgraded to xp pro and installed sp2 and then install all of the other ms patches. I next updated spybot and i am now getting the following message every time i open the app: Listenindex uberschreitet das Maximum(17). is this a virus or spyware or what. any help will be appreciated. Oh and sorry if wrong place to post. thanks, jskamm
    Last edited by jskamm; 2006-12-09 at 01:58.

Last edited by Zenobia; 2006-12-09 at 02:35.

Default Me too, weird error message..

I too received weird German error message when I updated Spybot..read all the answers, uninstalled, tried to install newest upgrade, won't install at all. First time said corrupted files, second time, different link, installed for about 30 minutes, then said couldn't install. My Windows Me is obsolete, I know,going to get a new computer when I think i can stand the stress of getting a new one like I like it. Right now, have AVG virus protector, Ad Aware, and DID have SpyBot.Sure would like to have it again. I am really dilligent about updating and scanning. I just hope somebody somewhere finds this call for help and can help me.

About the only thing I can suggest is to try installing Spybot 1.4 again.
    Maybe try deleting the installation folder,and the very small fix,if you hadn't done that already,and give downloading 1.4 another whirl.

If you want to completely get rid of Spybot-S&D 1.4 (also earlier versions) and the Add/Remove doesn't help, you can delete the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\), then download this very small fix and execute it (important! - this will remove all remains from the registry) (this also applies to earlier versions).

If you just want to upgrade to a newer version, please follow the same instructions like above and then install the new version.

After following these instructions please restart your system so that the changes can take place.
    Here's the page with the download links:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

Hmmm just looked up the source of the problems again; it was that LSP.sbi and SecurityC.sbi currently have no rules at all inside (the ones from LSP.sbi have been moved to their category files, all the contents from SecurityC.sbi is currently in Security.sbi). So if you delete these two files, Spybot-S&D cannot stumble when encountering them.

Though it's really weird, since 1.4 definitively doesn't speak German on those errors :D
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)