Thread: Spybot causes a "stop error" on my windows XP

Default Spybot causes a "stop error" on my windows XP

Hello, I've been a user of Spybot S&D for a long time now, and never experienced any problems with it. In the last few times when I run Spybot, there was a blue screen that appeared, and it said that Windows (X Pro.) had been shut down due to a problem, to prevent damage.

The technical information included in the error message contained the following:
    *** stop: 0x0000008E (0x000000005, 0xFA10D703, 0xF3E46C79, 0x00000000)

***windrvNT.sys - Address FA1DD703 base at FA1DC000 Datestamp 4098405C

After providing an "error report" by my system to Microsoft, I got the following response, regarding the kind of problem that appeared (if that can do any use):
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response...df2ca7d&SID=10

I must say that my computer runs smoothly and in addition to Spybot i recently started to use Ad-Aware SE that doesn't find any problems, and Ewido anti-spyware limited free version that I've been using for a long time now and it doesnt find anything new (it does find a program called PSGuard that cant be romoved, but it has been there for a while now. But thats an issue for another post, I guess )

I would like to know what is the problem and how to solve it. Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my English.
    Last edited by semiond; 2006-12-13 at 09:21.

By the way, that PSGuard program is something i used to have but had it removed by spybot, or so I thought. Spybot havent been detecting it on its runs ever since, so I thought that the detection by Ewido was due to a harmless trace, but that is not the issue (or so I think) with this error.
    Last edited by semiond; 2006-12-13 at 09:23.

Sorry, I forgot, after experiencing this problem for the last few times, I had Spybot Uninstalled from my comp. and then Installed it again by downloading the latest version (same I had) from the site, but when i run it that problem still repeats itself every time.

I appologize for making my post so prolonged.

Last edited by Zenobia; 2006-12-13 at 10:55.

Thank you very much. that explains it!

You're welcome. Did you uninstall Folder Lock,and are the Blue Screens no longer happening?

re:psGuard.You could ask for help with that in the Malware Removal forum.

The instructions are here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22