Thread: Spybot, IE7 & Clickbank

Default Spybot, IE7 & Clickbank

Hi People

Are there any Clickbank members out there who have experienced an above average dip in their affiliate sales?

There might be a concern (or am I behind the times?) with the above combination of programs.

This link might show the problem in better detail

PHP Code:
    http://clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4929 
    (page 2 is where it gets interesting!)

Thanks
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-08-03 at 03:53. Reason: wrapped url

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I personally don't allow the storing of third party (tracking) cookies primarily because of the way some advertisers have used them in the past. Some advertisers have been known to combine the information in the tracking cookies with personally identifiable information from some of their clients and then share that information among other clients. So if you are looking for a cookie based commission from me you can forget it.

Facts:
    • All major browsers allow the blocking of third party cookies.
    • Spybot's immunization process adds a registry entry to block the storing of cookies from clickbank.net in Internet Explorer.
    • Spybot's scan identifies clickbank.net cookies as Tracking Cookies.
    • IE-SPYAD places clickbank.net in the restricted zone which would block the cookies from clickbank.net in Internet Explorer.
    • In addition the following three (3) hosts files block access to clickbank.net by associating clickbank.net to IP Address 127.0.0.1:
      • bluetack
      • hpHosts
      • MVPS HOSTS file

Considering the fact that that browsers allow the blocking of third party cookies with or without the addition of anti-spyware programs and techniques, paying affiliate commissions based on cookies is iffy at best.

There was another recent thread on this site about the blocking of other affiliate cookies, so I guess this the latest outcry among advertising affiliates:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.