Thread: Teatimer = crashed system?

Question Teatimer = crashed system?

Hello,

I recently activated Teatimer on my computer and then found that I had a Trojan so I tried to restart my system in safe mode. The teatimer window popped up informing me that the registry was trying to be changed, the system shut down before I could respond to its error message, now my system will not reboot in safe mode or any other mode for that matter. I guess my question is could the teatimer program be whats causing me not to be able to reboot, and if so is there a way to disable the program before the safe mode screen?

Cheers,
    Sonja
    Last edited by aus4us3; 2006-12-20 at 07:06. Reason: clarify statement

Hi
    I am not sure to well understand your question but go in Spybot configuration (search for "resident")and uncheck teatimer before going in safe mode....after all your manoeuvre in safe mode you can reactivate teatimer at the same place...and be patient...very patient in safe mode....sometime Windows is slower at the boot and at closure.If you have some problems with this worm you can go at malware removal forum here...
    Bye
    Last edited by Danny; 2006-12-20 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you have some problems with this worm you can go at malware removal forum here...
    Bye
    Note !
    Before you create a thread in Malware removal forum,you must go to this link !
    "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps.