Thread: Differences in two 1.4 installations

Default Differences in two 1.4 installations

I have Spybot S&D 1.4 on two laptops. One installation has been in place for months but one was downloaded and installed today. If I go to Settings>Settings I see in the old installation: Active X, BHO, Browser pages and Hosts. In today's download none of these is present. Is this correct or do I have a dodgy download? Both "About" screens show 1.4 with the same latest definitions (Dec 15).

Regards

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I am not really sure what differences you are trying to describe. You mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by kshaw View Post
    If I go to Settings>Settings I see in the old installation: Active X, BHO, Browser pages and Hosts.
    If you are going into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings, you will get an options tree for the internal settings for Spybot-S&D. Under the "Bug Report" there are settings to "Include ActiveX list in report" and "Include BHO list in report"

On the other hand if you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools, the icons displayed in the left hand pane are controlled by the items checked in the right hand pane. The default for the display in the left hand pane (checked in the right hand pane) as far as I know are:
    • View Report
    • Secure Shredder
    • Resident
    • IE tweaks
    • System Internals
    • System Startup
    • Uninstall info
    • Winsock LSPs

To bring up the other items that are displayed in the right hand pane but do not have corresponding icons in the left hand pane click on (or in some cases double click on) the item in the right hand pane.

If you check an item in the right hand pane its icon will appear as an item in the left hand pane for selection.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks. I think that I know now what's happened. I'll check tomorrow when I have both computers running.

Forget it! I'm afraid that it was a bit of bad observation on my part. I'll clean my specs. Thanks, anyway.