Thread: Manual updates

Exclamation Manual updates

Hi guys. I currently have spybot running on my PE disk that i use for testing machines for scandisk/antivirus and antispyware. I have basically created a batch file that allows me to pull updates for mcafee dat files and extracts them into the mcafee dir, so the antivirus is kept up to date.
    For spybot, i have managed to create a batch file which deletes any files it finds in spybots update folder, and download the updates from the website and copies them to the update folder.
    I have looked at the update process from the program, and i saw that it creates the files advcheck.dll, install-advc.ini, tools.dll and install-tools.ini
    I was just wondering how i might be able to get my batch automation to work, because i know there is a few more steps to updating spybot than just downloading the updates into the update folder and hoping it will work.
    Even if it is just a matter of extracting the files into certain directories, i would be happy to automate that, i just need to know what to do

Any help?

LaZ

Hmmm... with DLL updates, that's really a problem I think... for the "normal" files, our PE-adjusted version (should make that available I guess, currently its probably only available through the c't magazine - Spybot link on this page) is already able to download detection updates to the RAM disk and use them from there.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

i'm really just looking for an automated process to download the updates and apply them to spybot. surely there must be a way?