Hi there,

I have been reading the forums for the last few months and decided to make myself known by asking for some help in my first post!

I really like using Spybot and have even downloaded the Testing Console to help out the team but I have started noticing a weird issue when I start up Spybot and avast antivirus.

I use avast free edition, Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster on my XP SP3 system (all up to date, using Firefox as I type this) and have started to notice that avast will not open when I have Spybot open. To be more specific, avast will get through its “memory test” and Spybot will load at the same time but as soon as Spybot is up and running (latest version 1.6.2.46) avast refuses to open until I close Spybot. Once closed, avast will appear and I am able to use the program as normal.

If I open avast first then open Spybot there is no problem but if I do it the other way avast doesn’t open at all. I have tried to “start” it again from the programs menu but to no avail.

To me this looks like a similar instance of the methods being used by other AV companies to get people to uninstall Spybot.

Now I might be completely wrong here but I can't see why avast doesn’t like Spybot, even if I skip the “memory test” at the beginning it won’t run at all until Spybot is closed…

If there is a workaround to this then I would be happy to give it a try but I really wanted to bring this to the attention of others to see if I am the only one experiencing this issue (I tried a search but couldn’t find any relevant posts)

Look forward to the replies,

Cheers,

Harv