Hi,

About two months ago I got a Virtumonde infection. I was blindly using Spybot S&D and Windows Defender to try and remove it (I didn't know about this forum). After about a week I got lucky and some how disabled it, but I believe there are still some components present. When I start my computer, a couple windows pop up and with an error, "Run .dll as program," but the libraries are missing.

Of course, instead of being smart and making sure my computer was now safe, I was lazy and just happy that I could browse the internet again.
I'm won't make that mistake again (just read the "Why did I get infected in the first place?"-- god that would have been helpful)

Two days ago I was on the internet and I got infected with something again. Teatimer and Spybot's Immunizer were running but were unable to prevent the attack. A window kept popping up every five seconds about a registry change (Which I always denied), then I checked "remember decision," and teatimer stopped bothering me, but the spyware was installed.

It mainly shows up if I try to click on a link in a search engine. Instead of the link it opens something else in a new window.

It also prevents me from using some programs. I can't open Spybot S&D. I downloaded Hijack this, but that wont run either. I click on it, and it asks me if I want to run the program. I click "Yes" and an hour glass shows up for ten seconds and nothing else happens (same thing with Spybot). Oh, and my computer doesn't find an external storage device if I plug it in. Also, occasionally when I try to open firefox, it opens and closes really quickly, and I'm unable to use it. I think it also removed all of my system restore points.

Anyway, what should I do next if I can't create a log with Hijackthis?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice. I'm still surprised a forum like this exists... there are, apparently, redeeming qualities of being human.