When I try to run Spybot S & D (with right click on the desktop icon and run as Administrator) I get the message: 'Windows cannot access the specified file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access this item.' The file concerned is SpybotSD.exe.
After looking through the forum I tried running in diagnostic startup but I got the same message.
I then uninstalled Spybot S & D and installed again (running the install as Administrator). The program installed and ran ok and I was able to update and do a full scan (no problems found). However, when I closed the program and then tried to run it again (by right clicking on the desktop icon and running as Administrator) I end up with the same message that windows cannot access the specified file...
Interestingly I find that I can run the program by clicking on the teatimer icon (near the clock) but of course I cannot use the program properly because I am not running it as administrator.
Can someone please advise how I can solve this problem? I use Vista Home and have AVG, Comodo firewall, Spyblaster and AdAware and my version of Spybot S & D is 1.6.2.46.