When I was traveling, I used the RR mail page as my browser home page. Back from the trip and resuming downloading to my Outlook Express, I wanted my regular browser home page back.

Changed options to current page, no luck. Tried to change to about:blank and still no luck.

Can't do it.

Spybot says there is no malware or any problem on my computer, and when I change my browser homepage (https://webmail.tampabay.rr.com) even Spybot doesn't do it! I think I recall that Spybot used to allow a delete of a browser page, but my present edition only permits me to "change" and that change doesn't stick.

I can't figure what's wrong. I went to my Registry >software>microsoft>internet explorer>Start page to change the values there, but I couldn't modify it (Cannot edit start page. Error writing the value's new contents) and I couldn't delete it (unable to delete all specified values).

I'm in a quandary here. Kerfuffled. Having the webmail page won't kill me but I like to have control over my laptop (Toshiba m55 S135 -- XP, Linksys router).

Spybot was my fallback but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
M