Newbie to the site and I'm in need of some guideance.

Over the past few weeks I have twice been infected with rouge malware after years of not being infected. I had first been infected with "XP Internet Security 2011" which I was able to dispatch with Spybot. A couple of days ago I was infected with "MS Removal Tool". This was a little more difficult as I had to use a combination of both Spybot and Malwarebytes to kill it. Now my system appears clean after running another scan of my system.

I read in a different thread that one of the ways that viruses are able to gain a foothold is if there is a security hole in Java, and that it is important to not only keep Java updated, but to get rid of previous versions as they can be exploited. I updated Java already (it is up to update 25 btw) and I deleted previous updates from my system. Now I'm trying to figure out what else to delete without wrecking Java.

When I open up "Add and Remove Programs" this is what I see after deleting the previous updates:

When I go into the Java Control Panel I see this:

And when I look at the folder in Windows Explorer I get this:

So my question is...what now? Do I just delete the folders in Program Files/Java, or do I uncheck them in the control panel first and then delete them? Should I remove anything else in "Add or Remove Programs" or am I all right if I leave it be?

I would appreciate any guideance that anyone can give me on this.

BigDaddyCool.