Thread: Spybot 2 proxy leaves internet explorer unusable?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spybot 2 proxy leaves internet explorer unusable?

This didn't happened until last night. Everything was working dandy until then. Spybot's proxy tells IE to redirect its traffic through localhost port: 21320, and such, and suddenly no websites load. I discovered this when I tried logging onto League of Legends today, which apparently uses IE to connect to the internet, and I couldn't. When I disabled the proxy setting in IE, the proxy setting in SpyBot also turned off, and I was able to connect to League of Legends. Firefox (my main browser) works fine for me currently (and it has no proxy settings either). Does SpyBot proxy only work for IE?

What changed that caused my IE to stop working? How do I fix this? I want to keep Spybot's proxy on.

edit: I think I figured it out. Last night Windows Update ran, afterwards this problem started. I think Windows Update installed some new security settings for Internet Explorer - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727). I think this update doesn't work with SpyBot's proxy setting.
    Last edited by jurble; 2013-06-13 at 03:51.