Thread: Delta.Toolbar and Win32.BitGuard

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Security Expert-Emeritus Dakeyras's Avatar

Hi.

Thank you for helping me out with this, I really appreciate it.
    You're welcome!

there is no Google Chrome on this laptop now
    OK and thank you for the clarification, there is a registry restriction in place I think would be prudent to recify in the event Chrome is ever installed again.

We get the IE cannot load error, and again it tries to reload the browser but that doesnt fix it.
    A strange one that as was thinking it may be a IE 11 compatibility issue but can access the sites myself no problem using the same browser. So feasible the loop-back issue I identified is still a problem for example

Anyway lets proceed as follows shall we and after completing the below try those two sites again please....

Custom FRST Script:

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the Code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it to the desktop as fixlist.txt

Code:
    Start
    CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\rectify: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
    End
    • Now right-click on FRST.exe and select Run as Administrator to start FRST.
    • Then click on the Fix button/radio tab >> at the Fix completed prompt click on OK
    • A log will now open named Fixlog and it will also be on the desktop >> close FRST.
    • Post the contents of the aforementioned in your next reply.

Note: If FRST advises there is a new update to be downloaded, do so/allow this.

Download/Run ComboFix:

Please visit this web-page for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

How to use ComboFix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Note: If ComboFix detects Rootkit activity and asks to reboot the system, please allow this to be done.

If you receive an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer.

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own.
    This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use. ComboFix Should Not be used unless requested by a trained Anti-Malware helper.

Next:

When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:

• How is your Daughter's computer performing now, any other symptoms and or problems encountered?
    • FRST Fix Log.
    • ComboFix Log.
    Last edited by Dakeyras; 2013-12-03 at 12:22. Reason: Grammer.
    Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of ASAP and UNITE.