Thread: problem in 1.5.1.13

Default problem in 1.5.1.13

when i click on the immunize button it can never immunize the global host section. it is always unprotected. why?

Quote Originally Posted by dj.turkmaster View Post
    when i click on the immunize button it can never immunize the global host section. it is always unprotected. why?

Go to TOOLS --> Host File and hit the ADD HOST FILE button, It will work fine after that

when i cilick on the add host file button it gives an error. it says cannot create file"c:\documents and settings\oem\desktop\programlar\spybot-search_destroy\%systemroot%\drivers\etc\hosts". system cannot find the path.

1. Could you please post the registry contents at the following location? Run 'regedit' and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters , then look up what data the value 'DatabasePath' is showing.

2. Please let me know if you have a file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

If #1 shows "%systemroot%\drivers\etc\hosts" and the file from #2 does not exist, we would've found the problem I think.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    1. Could you please post the registry contents at the following location? Run 'regedit' and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters , then look up what data the value 'DatabasePath' is showing.

2. Please let me know if you have a file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

If #1 shows "%systemroot%\drivers\etc\hosts" and the file from #2 does not exist, we would've found the problem I think.
    thank you for your help pepiMK. DatabasePath shows exactly like this: %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc and i dont have a file in the "etc" directory but i have a file named lmhosts. i hope this would help

Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I have already post this bug to the bugs menu in the tracker forum but it was deleted. however i am glad that i could help ISPYBOT