Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fatwallet, XPbargains.com, etc links blocked by Immunize

I think http://www.kqzyfj.com/ is still be blocked. I have deimmunized and reimmunized but that doesnt seem to fix it. Can somebody check on this? I dont think blocking unsilently is the answer because then a million pages with ads and stuff will bring up dialogs. Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

marccooper:

The placing of was *.kqzyfj.com and www.kqzyfj.com into the restricted zone by Spybot's immunization facility was removed with the updates of 2007-10-24. Cookies from kqzyfj.com are still being blocked.

If you did not do an immunization undo after the updates of 2007-10-17 and before downloading the 2007-10-24 updates then the site may still be in the restricted zone because does not remove old entries.

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet options > Security tab. Select the Restricted sites zone and look at the sites being blocked. If you find *.kqzyfj.com and www.kqzyfj.com unblock them.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I have the same problem with Upromise.com, and Citi Bonus Cash Center.

Fatwallet.com has worked fine for me without any modifications to the updates.

But, I cannot get Upromise.com to work at all. I tried all the suggestions on this page using Firefox and IE 7 with no improvement. (Deleting the three suggested cookies from being blocked, and temporarily putting the IE Spybot settings on "ask" before blocking bad items. Even with that option selected, there is no prompting before sites are blocked.

I spent a long time working on the settings, and still the cashback click through links will not work at all.

For now, I gave up on it because I needed to complete the online purchase, but I would like a fix for this problem.

dataark91:

I don't seem to have any problem accessing www.upromise.com using Internet Explorer 7.

If the other URL is www.bonuscashcenter.citicards.com, I don't have a problem with that either.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Accessing the two sites are no problem with me with either IE or Firefox, I only have problems getting through to the click through links for cashback opportunities.

A click through link will open a new window to the retailer's site (acting as a referral link). I just can't get the websites to load when I click on the weblinks to open up the new windows.
    Last edited by dataark91; 2008-01-20 at 10:00.

dataark91:

Since you are not having problems accessing either www.upromise.com or www.bonuscashcenter.citicards.com, what are the URLs of the links you are having problems with?

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    dataark91:

Since you are not having problems accessing either www.upromise.com or www.bonuscashcenter.citicards.com, what are the URLs of the links you are having problems with?

Thanks for the help md usa spybot fan.

There may be more used by each but here is what I just picked up when trying the sites...

Citi Bonus Cash Center uses --
    http://www.kqzyfj.com

Upromise.com uses --
    http://www.apmebf.com (I also learned that Upromise does not use that redirect for all referral links, and the one's that bounce from upromise.com work)

Oh and I do have a problem with Fatwallet.com for links. The redirect bounce they use is --
    http://www.apmebf.com (This redirect is apparently automatically inserted on all links on the forums)

I am already removed those sites from IE's restricted zone and Firefox's blocked cookies with no results. Is there anything else that I can try?

dataark91:

Since both apmebf.com and kqzyfj.com are associated with Commission Junction the only other thing within Spybot that I can think of is the blocking of Commission Junction's cookie qksrv.com (although I believe the cookie may actually be stored as qksrv.net).

Do you use any other software or Hosts file add-ons that restrict access to sites? For example the MVPS Hosts file blocks access to www.apmebf.com, www.kqzyfj.com, qksrv.com and www.qksrv.net.

This site was blocked before (http://www.anrdoezrs.net) but,
    forgot about until it came up today when I did some more testing. And the url appeared for both www.upromise.com and www.bonuscashcenter.citicards.com.

I also removed qksrv.com from both Firefox and IE, but the sites still do not work.

I'll have to check if I have any other software that blocks host sites.

I just did a google search and found the following results:

"THE FIX
    1) Do a search on your computer for a file called "HOSTS"
    (i'm running XP home and its located: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC)

2) Open it in Notepad and search for any lines that contain the following domains:

linksynergy.com
    bfast.com
    qksrv.net
    tkqlhce.com
    kqzyfj.com
    jdoqocy.com
    dpbolvw.net
    anrdoezrs.net
    cc-dt.com
    cj.com
    commission-junction.com

Enter # at the beginning of the line. There may be several instances of the same domains.

3) Save and exit the file.

Close and reopen your browser and you should be good to go."

Sorry, I've been to busy to reply. Other programs that could be causing besides Spybot could be Ad-Aware 2007, Norton Antivirus, and Webroot Spysweeper.

I'll try troubleshooting each of the programs.