Thread: Win32agent.pz

Default Win32agent.pz

What is it and how do I get rid of it?
    When I run Spybot It take along time to get past this file, I fell asleep and the next morning the scan was done but
    win32agent wasn't on the list. I scanned again today and when it hit that program it was there for 20 mins before i stopped scanning.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Invader TK View Post
    Win32agent.pz

… how do I get rid of it?
    If Win32.Agent.pz was not list as a problem when Spybot's "Check for problems" completes, than there is nothing to "… get rid of …".

During the running of a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen shows the following:
    • "Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
      • xxxxx = Current check count.
      • yyyyy = Total check count.
      • zzzzz = Malware check being performed.

• The zzzzz value is not what is on your system, it is the malware check being performed by Spybot.

If the scan is running slowly, there are a couple of things you can try that may help speed the scan up:
    1. Delete Temporary Internet files.
    2. Delete Windows temporary files.

To eliminate Win32agent.pz from the scan entirely (not recommended), go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products. Scroll down until you see the entry for Win32.Agent.pj and check it.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-02-03 at 20:25.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.