Thread: safemode boot

Smile safemode boot

My problem is, windows won't load in safe mode.when I select any of the three options to start in safe mode, the screen displays drivers loading and then it stops there not doing anything and I have to push the reset button to start again. On the other hand, in the msconfig, Selecting Startup in diagnostic mode, after the boot the startup return to Normal.
    but, windows loads just fine.I already run the ccleaner and the Superantispaware, spybot, karpesky and I use the anti-virus Avast. Anything was found.Could me you help me?
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-04-06 at 10:23. Reason: Moved from New or undetected

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgomes View Post
    the screen displays drivers loading and then it stops there not doing anything
    That sounds like a hardware/software problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tomgomes View Post
    I already run the ccleaner and the Superantispaware, spybot, karpesky and I use the anti-virus Avast.
    Are two resident anti virus programs installed?

Also do you have CCleaner's Registry Integrity enabled, and if so did you use it before or after the problem started.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

try puchins the safemode function, I think its f8 ? repeatedly as your machine boots. Dont do it just once it may not be taking, also if you have a system recovery cd, put it in and boot machine, it SHOULD boot from the cd in safemode automatically at which point you can examine the machine boot since the boot came from the cd
    good luck