Thread: Problem with teatimer - doesn't run on startup

Default Problem with teatimer - doesn't run on startup

This is new since I updated from 1.4 to 1.5 - everything worked fine under version 1.4 - so I would think it's related to the upgrade but I"m not positive. Teatimer always worked fine on both my pc's but now that I've upgraded to spybot 1.5 teatimer doesn't run by itself on startup, I have to manually run it. Anyone have any idea's why this is happening?
    I've double-checked in tools\resident and both SDHelper and TeaTimer are checked to run. I also made sure the registry keys were there and they are. I even went so far as to add it to the startup folder in windows and it STILL DOESN'T WORK!?? PLEASE HELP!

Some background - initially I let it update itself to 1.5, then because of this problem I completely uninstalled everything spybot related, and then reinstalled 1.5 but I'm still getting the same problem. It's happenening on both of my pc's - one is running WinZP SP2 and the other is running Win2K SP4.
    Are there any other settings that I should be looking into to try and solve this problem? I don't get any error messages at all, teatimer just doesn't run on reboot.

Anyone have any ideas?

Alright. From the best of my knowledge... click Start to get the "menus" and click run. Type in msconfig. If you are using it on Windows XP, you should see the "startup" tab. You should be able to see a service start-up named "TeaTimer".

Lightbulb You might need to do a complete

removal of spybot again, and then restart your system, then download and install the very latest version. Try that and let me know if that helps, if not, follow drragostea suggestion. When in msconfig, make sure the teatimer service is started, and checked to run on startup. Also, make sure no other security software that you have denied any registry changes that teatimer needed to make so that it could start up with your system. There are some security programs that may have prevented teatimer from running accidentally. A infection also could be the case, scan with other antispyware and your antiviruis and remove anything found. try again. Hope that helps, get back to us and let us know.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-04-22 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    ...then download and install the very latest version.
    Download Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 from official Spybot page:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

I removed it/rebooted/reinstalled it, and there was no change. But then I removed it again and rebooted, went through and manually deleted the entire folder for it, as well as any reg entries I could find for it, rebooted again, and reinstalled again - and that seems to have fixed it. On my 2nd pc I made sure to delete folders and leftover reg entries the first time around, so I only had to do it once on that one...and it's fixed.
    Thanks for all your help!