Thread: After SDhelper is uninstalled, how to unblock the URLs ?

Default After SDhelper is uninstalled, how to unblock the URLs ?

Windows X/P Home 5.1.2600, Service Pack 2, Build 2600
    Internet Explorer 7.0530.11

Yes, I know now I should not have uninstalled Spybot 1.5.2 with SDhelper & Teatimer before removing the SDhelper add ons in IE7 . Now I cannot find the file (or place) that gives IE7 the list of URLs SDhelper blocks.

I purchased several months earlier Errorsmart and am happy with the errors it fixed in the registry on my machine. When I upgraded Spybot to 1.5.2 with SDhelper and Teatimer, it wiped out my Errorsmart install and blocked me from its www.errorsmart.com web site.

I have now reinstalled Spybot (without SDhelper and Teatimer), and want to clean out the blocked URL list that SDhelper installed into IE7. This way I can start over with future new install of SDhelper, properly controlled. Where is this list ? I have found one in the registry but editing that still does not allow me to access the Errorsmart.com web site (I get a 404 error).

Thanks Paul

Could you please kindly tell me how to remove the sdhelper addon in IE7? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT View Post
    Windows X/P Home 5.1.2600, Service Pack 2, Build 2600
    Internet Explorer 7.0530.11

Yes, I know now I should not have uninstalled Spybot 1.5.2 with SDhelper & Teatimer before removing the SDhelper add ons in IE7 . Now I cannot find the file (or place) that gives IE7 the list of URLs SDhelper blocks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

tamag:

Quote Originally Posted by tamag View Post
    Could you please kindly tell me how to remove the sdhelper addon in IE7?
    Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident. Under the heading "Resident protection status" you will see:
    • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.
    • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

Uncheck this item:
    • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

PaulT:

Spybot's immunization process adds errorsmart.com to IE restricted sites zone and adds it to the HOSTS file blocking access. If you uninstalled Spybot without doing an immunization undo, that is the reason that you still could not access errorsmart.com even with Spybot uninstalled.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I am having the same problem and although I have reinstalled and followed the above instructions, I still cant restore the 5 sites that were blocked, spybot had even removed the files from my favourites.

Default Cannot Access Some Websites

After fighting off a Virtumonde, using Spybot, I have lost access to about 5 websites.

Foolishly I uninstalled spybot, and still cant access the sites.

At the same time as the sites went non access the favourites I had for them were removed as well.

I have checked the host file and thats fine.

I am disabled and have been trying to start a career as a graphic artist, but now I cant access any of the sites that display my Images or the sites where I have been comissioned to do some images.

The sites can still be accessed from my laptop, but not from my main pc, I have tried to follow all the advise on the site for reinstalling and unimunising but getting nowhere so far.

Simultaniousely to using spybot to remove the Virtumonde I was using Norton to scan and remove the virus as well.

Please help me!
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-06-04 at 15:45. Reason: Mod: merged new topic into thread

Hello,

About what sites are you talking about?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

the 5 sites that I was browsing that day, my Deviantart page, my ephotozine page, and the forums of Blueplanet, Fadingsuns, and Earthdawn.com