Thread: Automatic Run at system start

Default Automatic Run at system start

When I start up my system. Spybot does a full system scan. I have gone to advanced settings and I saw that both No Automation and Automatically Run at System Start were bulleted. I have clicked reset default settings only to see this error come back when I re open the program. How should I fix this problem?

Hello. Are you saying that you do not want Spybot-SD to run at start up? You can disable it via Advanced settings.

No no In advanced settings, do not run and run are both selected. I have reseted defaults and it just goes back to having both selected at the same time. I have re installed and installed older versions and it is still the same thing.

This is a picture of my problem

That's odd. I'm running the same version on Windows XP Home... erm. I think it's a bug or glitch because the "No Automation" (do not start) and "Auto run" are checked. That is not suppose to happen. Alright. Can you uncheck the "Run check on program start" and the one below it?

Which version of Spybot do you have?
    You might be able to get rid of that if you delete or edit your configuration.ini file,from what I'm seeing.This page has some instructions to edit or delete the configuration.ini file.(Just ignore the parts about Spybot flashing and disappearing immediately and cws,since they don't apply to you.)
    http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/23.html
    You can delete the configuration file (which is named Configuration.ini). Where it is located depends on your Windows version.
    For Windows 95/98, the file is located in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
    For Windows ME, the file is located in C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
    For Windows NT/2000/XP, the file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
    For Windows Vista, the file is located in C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
    Either delete that file, or edit it (for example in notepad), and set all the Automation values in it to zero.
    You can download a small tool that will do those changes for you: click here.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

SinPi:

The problem is usually caused by denying the registry changes in TeaTimer when changing the automation for SpybotSD.exe.

To correct the problem:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings.
    • Check "Run program once at next system startup" and allow the registry changes.
    • Then check "No automation" and allow the registry change.

If you are running Spybot 1.4 refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files as follows:
    • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
      • TeaTimer closes.
      • TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.
    • Restart TeaTimer:
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
      • Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks, everything is working fine now. I would have hated to give up sbybot because it has been so helpful.