Thread: some ie7 pages continually load

Default some ie7 pages continually load

I am new to Spybot s&d so I am not familiar with the program. Since installing spybot s&d some ie7 pages continually load. If I am reading a news article on yahoo my phishing filter continually runs, I have the green bar at the bottom of the screen (loading) and the icon in internet page looks like it is loading. This did not occur before spybot s&d. If this is normal, or there is not a solution no big deal. Small price to pay for the added security. Thanks

Dell Inspiron 531
    Vista Business SP1
    Trend Micro PC-Cillin firewall and AV
    Windows Defender
    Spybot S&D (immunized, but not running teatimer).

I don't understand what your title meant. What I would like to know is how IE7 pages continue to load is relevant to IE7's phishing filter?

You can disable the phishing by going to TOOLS in the tabs. The tabs are where FILE is.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Beversoll:

The problem may because caused by Spybot's "SDHelper" blocking access to advertisement URLs. Try the following:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:
    • Block all pages silently
    • Display dialog when blocking
    • Ask for blocking confirmation
    Select "Ask for blocking confirmation" and click "OK".

Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

When you encounter a URL that would ordinarily just be blocked in "Block all pages silently" mode, Spybot's "SDHelper" will issue a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog. The dialog allows you to either "Allow" or "Deny" the access and also allows you to select among the following options:
    • Ask me again next time
    • Remember for this session
    • Always react this way

Try accessing one of the pages that seems as if it never completes loading. If you encounter a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog while accessing that page, select "Always react this way" and then "Allow" the access. See if the page finishes loading.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-06-12 at 07:05.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.