Thread: Spybot-S&D 1.6, Release Candidate 1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm actually relieved to hear that the context menu multiple file selection issue isn't limited to me.

You are correct about Edit - that doesn't work for me either if selecting multiple files (on the affected systems). Hadn't tried that one before.

Renaming HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers and restarting Explorer did not fix anything for me. In fact, that only broke the "Send To ->" context menu entry and removed an entry for Unlocker.

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    I do have silly bug on two machines here that might lead me somewhere. Whenever I select more than one file on those, Windows will first show the "Move Files", then the "Copy Files" dialog before continuing its operation. It still works afterwards, but it seems that when multiple files are selected, something else than the HKCR\*\shell\ handlers operates first and would only later chain back there.
    In a bizarre twist, I can actually help you with this one.

You see this behavior on systems where someone added "Copy To" and "Move To" entries to their context menu.

I put together some .REG files a while back to easily enable and disable this because of that very problem (which cannot be avoided if you want those extra context menu entries).

To fix it - which will remove the Copy/Move To context menu entries - create a .REG file with the following and merge it into the Registry:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
    @=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
    @=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
    @=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
    @=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
    @=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
    @=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemEditObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
    @=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemEditObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
    @=-

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemEditObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemEditObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
    Of course that assumes the added context menu entries were actually named "Copy To" and "Move To". If they were named something else, the .REG must be modified accordingly.

After merging that, you will see that those "Copy Files" and "Move Files" dialogs will be gone.

If you prefer to keep the Copy/Move To context menu entries, you can re-enable them by merging a .REG file with the following:

REGEDIT4

;All Files
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
    @="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

;All Files
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
    @="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

;All Drives
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

;All Drives
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]

;All Files and Folders
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

;All Files and Folders
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]

;All editable Files and Folders
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemEditObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

;All editable Files and Folders
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemEditObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
    Then after merging that, run:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Personally I no longer use those context menu entries because of those Copy/Move dialogs popping open when you do certain things. That was too annoying. So now I just use the built-in "Copy to Folder..." and "Move to Folder..." selections available from the Edit menu (in any folder's menu bar).
    Last edited by Zer0 Voltage; 2008-07-01 at 15:18.