Thread: New processes have been scanned

Default New processes have been scanned

I downloaded Spybot 1.6 yesterday. Now when I navigate around the internet I get a pop up in the lower right corner saying "Spybot - Search & Destroy (upper line) New processes have been scanned" (lower line). Is there a way to stop this message from popping up? Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Spideri:

Right click on TeaTimer's icon (actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident") which should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray) and uncheck "Show info balloons" by clicking on it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Info Balloons

md,

Thanks for remedy. That took care of it.

Spideri

Default Annoying pop-up

Yeah, thank you for this tip. I was getting annoyed to the point of wanting to uninstall it -- or at the very least, disable the resident.

Note to Safer-Networking ... perhaps having notifications turned off by default would have been a better choice.

Default Thanks

Thanks from me too - it was driving me slightly mad!

Default Can't Shut Off Info Balloons

I installed SD 1.6 yesterday, and am generally pleased with the new software. However, I too am annoyed with the pop up info balloons and the clicking sound for the process scans. Unchecking the "show info balloons" had no effect, and I still have balloons and clicks. Am I missing something?

Default Oops!

After a restart, after unchecking the "show balloon info", there is no longer a problem. The only balloons that show up now are the ones where a registry entry is changing, which is fine, but the frequent process scan balloons were a bother. I should have known a restart would be necessary.