Thread: Disable animated tray icon

Question Disable animated tray icon

I have searched and found a few posts regarding the animated icon but nobody seems to be able to have a way to disable it. So my question is simple, how do I turn the animation off? This is very distracting, especially here at work, and I have no need whatsoever for this to be animated.

This post was regarding the same question, however the answer only talks about the balloon popups, and NOT the animated icon. Does someone have a way to disable the animated icon? Is it even possible? Thanks for your time.
    --
    Dan

Hello,

I am sorry, but it is not possible to deactivate the TeaTimer moving at the moment unless there will be more complaints.

The moving should show you that the TeaTimer is scanning files at the moment and is probably taking a little more cpu than usual as it "just sits" there and is being resident.

But we are working on a whole new TeaTimer.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Annoying

I second the motion for there to be an option to turn it off.

Spybot is supposed to make the computer experience more enjoyable, not annoy users with an animated icon.

For now I just hide the whole icon. Right click on the clock and click properties, click the Customize button, find Spybot-S&D Resident and change the behavior to Always hide.