Blade81,

Does this mean there isn't anything left to do?

I will check into some of the suggestions in the link you provided.

I hope you don't mind me asking a couple questions first (and feel free to tell it isn't your problem)....

I noticed in one of the scans system restore is not keeping restore check points anymore (the last being Jan 3rd). I thought that was odd, as I was going to restore my computer when I first noticed trouble (and before coming here).

I have also had issues in the add/remove programs. There are still programs listed that I removed long ago, like AOL. And speaking of a/r, do I use this to uninstall all the diagnostic tools I download or can I just dump them in the recycle bin?

One final question! What in startup absolutely MUST be in there? I hate all that clutter and I don't like to have anything start as I prefer to access through >Programs. The only things I like are the time/date, power meter, volume, AVG, and the wireless detector. How do I get rid of everything else and keep it out? A few years back, someone here gave me a link (broken now) where I could go to find out what these files in startup are. Does such a site still exist?

My apologies for so many questions! I just don't know where to go from here and I hate to cut my lifeline!

Robin