Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Safer-networking.org is blank page

Emeritus

System@OODEFRAG10.00.00.01WORKSTATION
    i have no idea what that entry is about. I have found references to it and it appears to be harmless. A little late for this but you should try installing the Windows RC.

see:
    Manually installing the Windows Recovery Console
    located here:
    Guide to using Combofix

For IE you can try this:
    start>settings>control panel>internet options>
    Under the advanced tab click on reset internet setting.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Default I copyed spybot from another comp

and it works, but did not found anything....

Emeritus

Did you try resetting IE?
    you can also do this again;

go to start>run and type in cmd
    click ok or enter
    at the blinking prompt _
    copy/paste in whats below;

Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    you can also check your routers DNS settings and make sure they havent been changed by the malware. this is possible if you are using the default login for your router and have never changed it.

Default I download IE7

I just to have before IE7 and when this problem begin I installed IE8, but after few days I uninstall IE, and it's worked as a defeault IE (IE6).
    Now after installing IE7 I reset router, and ipconfig /flushdns.
    I have service pack 2 and never thought that I need service pack 3 (because of another 500mb unessesary files).
    I can go on that web sites that You mentioned but can't download anything, after I press download button or if download don't starts (manually) press ˝here˝ - page is blank.

Default I must call

internet service and ask is this DNS numbers are ok:

85.255.114.51 - main
    85.255.112.158 - reserve

Default I have changed network connection password

but all is same like before.....

Emeritus

those ip's are being used as your DNS lookup, normally DNS is provided by your ISP, malware has changed yours. They are redirecting your web browsing. Where are you seeing those? If those are from your router then i would set it back to its factory defaults and setup a new user name/password. The router vendors website would have this information on resetting the router.
    Or for now take the router out of the picture and connect machine directly to modem. Then get the updates. This would also be a check to see if all the on borad malware is gone. Also scan and post a new hjt log.

Smile Great news, my pc is CLEAN

˝Lists the DNS servers by IP address that this computer queries to resolve DNS domain names used on this computer. DNS servers are queried in the order in which they are listed here. The local setting is used only if the associated Group Policy is disabled or unspecified.˝ (F1 help file)

˝ normally DNS is provided by your ISP, malware has changed yours.˝ - You are right!

those numbers are from router properitys - Internet Protocol - and when I check those numbers and call my frend, he tould me that I should swich to : get automaticly adress for DNS, and settings for IP adress is on Automatic but for DNS wos on manual, after swiching to automatic.........

now is all OK! There is no adreses of DNS servers previously used, no those numbers anywere, I can't find them.

Maybe this have some connection with our main Internet server because it's 1 day in this month, and I heard that main server every month have refresh, but that is not importand now, now all my problems are gone, I sucesfully upgraded Malwarebytes and Spybot and go to Windows update site...

Now only thing what shuld I do is to install Recovery Console...

Thanks on your last post, that resolve problem after all this days!

Thanks again.

Emeritus

hi siskara,

Ok good. Looks like you are all set now. You don't have to install the recovery console now. Its installed with combofix just in case it needs to be used for some reason. Most likely you would never have to use it on your own.

To remove combofix we will use another tool: OTM
    Download to your desktop, doble click the icon to start. Click on the green Cleanup! button, select Yes to start.

http://www.infospyware.com/Software/click.php?id=61

One last hing is to make a new restore point. The how and why:

One of the features of Windows ME,XP and Vista is the System Restore option, however if malware infects a computer it is possible that the malware could be backed up in the System Restore archive. Therefore, clearing the restore points is a good idea after malware is removed and your computer appears to be functioning ok.

To reset your restore points, please note that you will need to log into your computer with an account which has full administrator access. You will know if the account has administrator access because you will be able to see the System Restore tab. If the tab is missing, you are logged in under a limited account.

(winXP)

1. Turn off System Restore. (deletes old possibly infected restore point)

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.

Click Properties.

Click the System Restore tab.

Check Turn off System Restore.

Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Reboot.

3. Turn ON System Restore.(new restore points on a clean system)

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.

Click Properties.

Click the System Restore tab.

UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.

Click Apply, and then click OK, then reboot

Last: Some tips for reducing you risk to malware:

10 Tips for Reducing Your Risk To Malware:

The Short Version
    In no special order:

1) It is essential to Keep your OS,(Windows) browser (IE, FireFox) and other software up to date to "patch" vulnerabilities that could be exploited. This is also true for web based applications like Java, Adobe Flash/Reader, QuickTime etc. Check there version status here.

2) Know what you are installing to your computer. Alot of software can come bundled with unwanted add-ons, like adware, toolbars and malware. Do not install any files from ads, popups or random links. Do not fall for fake warnings about virus and trojans being found on your computer and your then prompted to install software to remedy this. See also the signs that you may have malware on your computer.

3) Install and keep updated: one antivirus and two or three anti-malware applications. If not updated they will soon be worthless. Scanning frequency is a function of your computer habits.

4) Refrain from clicking on links or attachments you receive via E-Mail, IM, IRC, Chat Rooms or Social Networking Sites, no matter how tempting or legitimate the message may seem.

5) Don't click on ads/pop ups or offers from websites requesting that you need to install software, media players or codecs to your computer--for any reason.

6) Don't click on offers to "scan" your computer. Install ActiveX Objects with care. Do you trust the website?

7) Set up and use limited (non-privileged) accounts for everyday use, rather than administrator accounts. Limited accounts can help prevent *malware from installing.*

8) Install and understand the limitations of a software firewall.

9) Consider using an alternate browser and E-mail client. Internet Explorer and OutLook Express are popular targets for malicious code because they are widely used. See also: Hardening or Securing Internet Explorer.

10) Warez, cracks etc are very popular for carrying malware payloads. Avoid. If you install files via p2p networks then you are much more likely to encounter malicious code. Do you trust the source? Do you really need another malware source?

A longer version in link below.

Happy Safe Surfing.

Default I installed allmoust 50 Windows updates

IE 8, service pack 3 .... etc....

I done (and will be on my mind) all that what You wroted...

I use often disc cleanup and CCleaner and Glary Utilities, sometimes (once on moth) I use disc defragmenter....