Thread: Spybot & Ewido coexitense

Unhappy Spybot & Ewido coexitense

After searching and not finding any solution to the above problem, am taking the chance that some help may be found for me:

Spybot & Ewido had been coexisting nicely until 2 days ago. Added nothing and deleted nothing. The annoyance (it is merely annoying) is that as Ewido is configured to start with Windows, Teatimer keeps allowing and deleting the startup of Ewido every minute. This also makes Adwatch resident blink red non-stop. So far the solution has been to manually start Ewido after trying first a Spybot scan then uninstalling it & re-installing it. Any solution, suggestion anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-David

Does Teatimer automatically allow,then deny Ewido?Or does it prompt you each time?What does Teatimer say each time it pops up,anything about a whitelist,or a blacklist?

Red face Resolved co-existence

Thanks everyone for looking at my problem. It was not, repeat, NOT SB-S&D causing this issue but Adaware 's Adwatch set on Automatic. Unchecking the feature resolved the issue.

Many thanks,

Jean-David

Default Editing Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Does Teatimer automatically allow,then deny Ewido?Or does it prompt you each time?What does Teatimer say each time it pops up,anything about a whitelist,or a blacklist?
    Mine does.

How do I edit the SpybotS&D Resident Shield Blacklist?

Spybot is popping up in the corner,saying something was denied according to your blacklist?
    Is it Ewido?
    Entries get put in the Black & White list when you checkmark 'Remember this decision' when allowing or denying a change when you are prompted by Teatimer.

To edit the Black & White list,rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings.You will see four things across the top:Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed registry Changes,and then Blocked Registry Changes.You can click each one,and to remove anything you see in there that you do not want remembered anymore,click the black X to remove it,and then click OK when done.
    This will make Teatimer "forget" what you told it to remember.

Default Thanx

Hey, thanks!
    I appreciate that information.

You're welcome.