Thread: Spybot 1.6.2 & Firefox 3.6.22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry,I'm not familiar with portable Spybot,I've never used it yet.

I do remember having problems Immunizing the (Popups) part of Firefox immunization a long while back.If I remember it correctly,it hung on that,pretty much the way you described.So,maybe you could give this a try:
    Open Spybot,click Immunize.In the window to the right,rightclick,and select "deselect all."Then,put a checkmark beside Global(Hosts),and then click the Immunize button up top,with the green cross beside it.See if Spybot will Immunize just the one item.If it hangs,just leave it for a little bit,maximum about 10 minutes.Please let me know how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Sorry,I'm not familiar with portable Spybot,I've never used it yet.

I do remember having problems Immunizing the (Popups) part of Firefox immunization a long while back.If I remember it correctly,it hung on that,pretty much the way you described.So,maybe you could give this a try:
    Open Spybot,click Immunize.In the window to the right,rightclick,and select "deselect all."Then,put a checkmark beside Global(Hosts),and then click the Immunize button up top,with the green cross beside it.See if Spybot will Immunize just the one item.If it hangs,just leave it for a little bit,maximum about 10 minutes.Please let me know how that goes.
    Just got your message, will try that and will report back later, thanks.

Ok, I done as you requested, but I went a bit further and did them all one by one, and they all got immunised apart from the Popups and it just hang on that part.

I started with the global hosts and worked my way up, so all that isn't protected is the 15075 for the popups.

Is there anyway round this or is it a bug? is it anything to be concerned about?

EDIT, as I was typing I checked again and it protected the popups apart from one, but am I right that is because I had the browser open at the time?
    Last edited by poppylove; 2011-09-22 at 00:23.

Success, all protected now!

Now, do I need to put a tick in all those boxes again before closing the program? or do I just need to put a tick in a box relevant to when I see one that is unprotected?

Am I right in that if I am using the portable spybot from a USB stick then I will be unable to use the SD helper or the resident tea timer because I would need to have the USB stick in all the time as I tried removing it after I had set both the tea-timer and the SD helper and I was unable to remove the stick.

Now that I know how to get the immunise to work correctly I am wondering if perhaps I should install 1.6.2 again in my computer instead of the USB stick.

My very technical answer to that is.....I dunno!
    I'm unfamiliar with Portable Spybot,I've never had a chance to try it out yet,but yes,judging from the instructions for Portable apps here,I'd assume you would have to have the USB stick in all the time in order to use Teatimer:
    http://portableapps.com/support/portable_app#using

You did uninstall the non-portable full version of Spybot from Add/Remove Programs before you installed Portable Spybot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    My very technical answer to that is.....I dunno!
    I'm unfamiliar with Portable Spybot,I've never had a chance to try it out yet,but yes,judging from the instructions for Portable apps here,I'd assume you would have to have the USB stick in all the time in order to use Teatimer:
    http://portableapps.com/support/portable_app#using

You did uninstall the non-portable full version of Spybot from Add/Remove Programs before you installed Portable Spybot?
    Yes I did.