Thread: Search and destroy

Default Search and destroy

Let me give you the sequence. I did a Spybot test. I fixed the problems and did another test and the problems were still there. I went to Safe mode and did another test and fix and the problems were still there. These are registry problems.
    There is a prompt that asks if you want Spybot to run on startup. I selected that. On regular startup it did not fix the problems so I tried starting it in Safe mode. I got the "blue screen."
    I did a normal boot and the screen flashed on and then off. If I turn the screen power on and off I get a quick view of the screen (every time) but not long enough to read anything or find where the curser is.

Hello magicliff,
    Quote Originally Posted by magicliff View Post
    Let me give you the sequence. I did a Spybot test. .
    Test?
    I fixed the problems and did another test and the problems were still there. I went to Safe mode and did another test and fix and the problems were still there.
    Please provide the version of Spybot-S&D.

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default searce and destroy

test? I Clicked on the "search for ploblems" test. I did a search and destroy in both normal and Safe Mode. Fix? I clicked on the "fix problems."

If I could turn the monitor power off and on fast enough, I could read the screen and do the normal functions.

I don't know the verson but guess 1.6. I just did the latest update, (from the prompt on left side of the screen)
    Last edited by magicliff; 2012-03-18 at 23:16.

Hi magicliff,

If I could turn the monitor power off and on fast enough, I could read the screen and do the normal functions.
    I did a normal boot and the screen flashed on and then off. If I turn the screen power on and off I get a quick view of the screen (every time) but not long enough to read anything or find where the curser is.
    By the description it sounds like a problem with the monitor.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Monitor

I suppose I should have mentioned that trying to run "Search and Destroy" in Safe Mode I got the blue screen. I rebooted and opened SpyBot. As soon as I clicked on Search and Destroy the screen went black. I turned the screen off then on and I had a picture for about a second and every time I turned it off and on I would get a picture for about a second.

I am going to hook my monitor to another computer and let you know what happens.

Thanks