Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scheduling Spybot

I gave up on the scheduling idea , if I can't tell that it runs and gives me a clean bill, then what's the point.

No sweat with running manually.

Thanks for the help.

That's too bad.You're welcome.

If you change your mind,and haven't deleted your scheduled task yet,you could open task scheduler,click on task scheduler library,doubleclick your Spybot scheduled task,click the Actions tab,and look at what is there.

If it is "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
    (or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" if you have 64-bit)
    then the scheduled task probably would just open the Spybot program on schedule.

If you clicked Edit,then added the argument /AUTOCHECK then clicked OK,that should produce "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK <----That will get the program to autoscan when the scheduled task starts.

If you added in the arguments /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX ,then you'd get "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX <---That will get the program to scan and fix when the scheduled task starts.

Adding in the arguments /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOCLOSE would produce "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOCLOSE <-----Scheduled scan would scan,fix,then close.