Thread: Browse to save

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi disneykiller,

Sorry aboout the delay, been traveling.

Even though you backed up FF without extensions there may be something in your profile that is causing the problem.

Would you be willing to do a complete removal including your profile and preferences?
    Member of UNITE and ASAP

Seems I have no other choice. Will take some time though to note all the pws, favourites etc...
    I'm gone til next friday and have no time to do all that before next weekend.
    Will my thread still be there next weekend? Just so I can let you know that bts is still there...

Yes I'll leave this open for you. I'll post some instructions later that may make it easier to keep what you need.
    Member of UNITE and ASAP

Ok, I saved my passwords with passwordfox and started using roboform to keep my data independend from my browser in the future. I installed opera and red a few new articles regarding other users problems and solutions with browse to save. Strangely enough they seemed to get it fixed by searching their registry for "click to save" or "continue to save" and then deleting these entries.
    I didnt find any entries in my registry... :(
    I'll start entering my pws in roboform now and when I'm done delete firefox and my profile and start from scratch.
    Any other suggestions? What do you thing about Roboform? Is there any better alternative?
    Thank you again, greets,
    disneykiller

Done. Deleted ff and did a new install. Now I'm testing it. Do you know what akamaihd.net is good for? It appeared on almost every page (seen it in noscript) and now it seems to be needed for facebook? On trojanerboard.de someone mentioned it in context with coupondropdown which seems to be very similar to browse to save / click to save. He found out that it appeared on alost every page since he installed an extension called FreeHDSport.TV. He uninstalled that extension and now akamaihd.net only appears on facebook.
    Anyway, I have no FreeHDSport.TV extension.
    FB doesn't seem to work without akamaidh.net. What happens if I allow it?

Did I mention that noscript found superfish and some other script called something like ...addcompanion or so on nearly every page? I didnt allow it though. Important?

Hi disneykiller,

FB doesn't seem to work without akamaidh.net. What happens if I allow it?
    It seems that akamaidh.net is a content deliverer. Depending on your content settings in your FB profile allowing may be required for FB.Giving it temporary permission will allow you to access FB.

Did I mention that noscript found superfish and some other script called something like ...addcompanion or so on nearly every page? I didnt allow it though. Important?
    That's one of the problems with FF extensions. Some are created by 3rd parties and can be bundled with almost anything. The above mentioned may not show up in your extension/addon list because they are actually inside another extension. What extensions have you added to the new FF?

Is browse to save still there?
    Member of UNITE and ASAP

Hi,
    no bts-links so far.
    These are my activated extensions:
    2-click-like 2.0
    Adblock plus 2.2.2
    Better Privacy 1.2.8
    Download Helper 4.9.13
    HTTPS everywhere 3.1.3
    IDGARD 4.0.019
    Noscript 2.6.4.4
    RoboForm lite 3.4.7
    SocialFixer 7.501

I think I better wait a few days before I party. But up to now all seems well.
    next issue: How do I prevent that from happening again. I still think it's strange that there is so little information and complaints regarding browse to save, click to save and so on. Where does it come from, why do I get no alerts from my antivirus, what to do to avoid an infection...
    Thanks so far,
    disneykiller