Hello,

I have a suggestion for the next version of Spyboy S&D....

Last week I had to fix a computer that was infected with spyware. It was that infected that I could not access the task manager nor could I run another task manager like Merijn's Itty Bitty Process Manager. It was that infected that everything I tried to launch an application(e.g. spybot S&d setup, hijackthis.exe, cwshredder.exe, etc) they would quit straight away with an error message. This would happen to normal to Windows programs as well(e.g. Windows Explorer).

I shut down the computer and pulled out the HDD and put into another machine that had an up to date version of Spybot S&D installed. I first added the root of the other drive(E:) to the Directories setting and run a check for problems scan. Needless to say it didn't find anything....

So my suggestion is the ability to specify the root drive letter for Spybot S&D to search on(including the registry files on that drive) and it would be good if the extra tools e.g. Browser Pages, BHOs, System Startup, etc would use that specified root drive letter to work on.