Thread: Cannot remove Ask Toolbar from Add/Remove program list

Unhappy Cannot remove Ask Toolbar from Add/Remove program list

Laptop-Computer XP-No Hijack This installed....and it doesn't help with my problem (I've tried)

I had installed Malwarebytes' before installing Ask Toolbar onto my Firefox 3.0.3. Malwarebytes' immediately detected Ask Toolbar as malware and deleted the 'malicious' files. Firefox didn't seem to be too bothered about it, as the toolbar menu got rid of Ask Toolbar. But then I updated Firefox to 3.0.4, and the Ask toolbar is in the toolbar menu, and obviously when I click on it, it leaves a nice empty box under the navigation bar. Because Malwarebytes' deleted some of the files, it had also deleted the installation files needed for me to fully uninstall the Ask Toolbar, so it forever remains in my program files, unable to remove. I've tried to find the program online to hopefully install it again, but it's not the same. The file name for the one that I'm looking for is AskSBar.dll so it's the Ask Syndication Bar that I'm looking for, not the Ask Toolbars they have now.

This'll probably be one of the strangest requests, but if anyone still has the full files of AskSBar and everything with it, can they possibly upload/send it to me so I can once and for all get rid of it?

I'm hoping that I won't have to resort to cleaning out my computer, because it is tiring; I've got computer files in many memory storage devices that I can't keep track of where certain files are and I've already done so in early September....please don't make me do it again! If you have any better ideas, then please make suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by rakru91 View Post
    It had also deleted the installation files needed for me to fully uninstall the Ask Toolbar, so it forever remains in my program files, unable to remove.
    What I meant to say was that it remains in my Add/Remove program list. I've deleted the other useless files from Program Files. It has the remove option, but when I click on it, it says that C:\....\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\AskSBar.dll is missing

Security Expert: Emeritus

Hello rakru91

Please see this next

Please follow the instructions in the above thread and then start a fresh topic with the logs required.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2011

Member of ASAP and UNITE since 2006