Thread: What does Spybot Blcok the Spyhunter website?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is Spyhunter a malware product? Will my computer get infected and have issues if I visit the Enigma website?
    i guess not but these people are very unprofessional and manipulative.

Spybot made a product I PAID for stop working.
    why not donate to spybot instead? the people that have made spybot is not manipulative like this company you are talking about and they do not try to push their products on people like crazy. donate to spybot instead of buying this crap if you want

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    i guess not but these people are very unprofessional and manipulative.

why not donate to spybot instead? the people that have made spybot is not manipulative like this company you are talking about and they do not try to push their products on people like crazy. donate to spybot instead of buying this crap if you want

I'm not scanning my computer for unprofessional software and manipulative companies when I use Spybot. I'm scanning my comptuer for Malware\virus, I don't need spybot to make a moral decision on the software I have installed and paid for on my pc.

Spybot is going to be lucky to stay on my pc after this crap, no way in hell I'm going to donate money to spybot so they can continue to pass moral judgment on software I HAVE PAID FOR. What if one day the makers of spybot determine the makers of other software I have bought are manipulative or unprofessional and break that product to?

If the programs and websites on my pc or I visit are not malware\virus and are NOT harmful to my pc Spybot should leave them the **** alone.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-09-14 at 18:55. Reason: Removed language, this is a family site

no way in hell I'm going to donate money to spybot so they can continue to pass moral judgment on software I HAVE PAID FOR.
    "paid for" doesnt always mean better. i have paid for programs too but will never do it again because it made my computer go crazy after i used an "paid for" antivirus, i will never use that antivirus again.

did you try it before you buyed it? was it really so good that you used money on it? i didnt try the one i buyed but that was my fault.
    Last edited by blues; 2008-09-13 at 22:54.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "paid for" doesnt always mean better. i have paid for programs too but will never do it again because it made my computer go crazy after i used an "paid for" antivirus, i will never use that antivirus again.

did you try it before you buyed it? was it really so good that you used money on it?
    I never said PAID for meant better, it does not always mean better but the fact that Spybot broke a program I paid for has now pissed me off. Yes I tried it before I bought it and it is a decent piece of software that has never BROKE any other piece of software on my pc.

Ok am I talking to a brick wall? Am I completely crazy or does anyone else here see that spybot is doing something wrong?

Spyhunter could be a badly coded lazy piece of software, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT MALWARE!!!

Enigma software may have aggressive marketing and their CEO may be a complete fruitcake, THAT DOESN'T MAKE THERE WEBSITE MALICIOUS!!!

Can anyone can give me a REAL example of why Spyhunter should be classified as malware and WHY the Enigma Software site should be blocked?

Why is Spybot making judgment calls about it's competition on my pc?

Doesn't anyone else see this as a very BAD case of a conflict of interest? What if spybot released an AV scanner and then detected Nortan as a virus itself?

so can anyone answer this?

If Spyhunter is not malware why does Spybot detect it as malware?

If Enigma Software is not a threat to my pc why does spybot block it?
    Last edited by swanlee; 2008-09-13 at 23:03.

it seems that the enigmas pcthreat sites are removed from hphosts hostsfile and that enigma are cleaning up. it was me that reported the pcthreat sites to hphosts but i dont like that they are removed as some of their sites is misleading but i dont think spyhunter is malware. you should just wait for someone from the team to respond to you about this.
    Last edited by blues; 2008-09-13 at 23:25.

You guys really need to chill on this type of practice it does not make me think very highly of Spybot if it is making opinionated judgment calls on what it thinks is bad marekting.

I found a post on here from a mod about it as well,

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...2&postcount=11

"Hello,

Yes, and we detect SpyHunter also.
    So you have decide which program you like to use.
    The free Spybot Search & Destroy or the SpyHunter you need to pay for.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot"

You have got to be kidding me? What kind of freaking attitude is this? Anyone should know that there is not a SINGLE piece of AV/malware software that will catch everything, thus it is wise to layer Malware\AV software to catch as much as possible.

This type of attitude as seen above I would call un professional. If spyhunter is NOT malware spybot should not detect it as such.

I find it ironic Spybot blocks spyhunter because of questionable marketing tactics but yet spybot detects spyhunter as MALWARE where it is not?

How can I trust spybot when it falsely labels software as malware? And how can people that work on spybot recommend using only 1 piece of software to keep there pc safe with a straight face?
    Last edited by swanlee; 2008-09-13 at 23:54.

Lightbulb huh?

Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    not a SINGLE piece of AV/malware software that will catch everything, thus it is wise to layer Malware\AV software....
    AV as in antivirus? You are only supposed to have one antivirus, but you can have multiple spyware programs. As for this program Spyhunter being detected as malware, I think that is a fair call. You yourself said they have weird practices, honestly why would you pay for software that is known or was known to be shaky? Also, I would not advise purchasing/installing any software that was once well known and considered rogue anti-malware. If its labeled once, no CEO or anything will change that unless the software was rewrote from the ground up. Which it was not.

I also do not understand why you are complaining here either, as if you do not like spybot's result, and do not consider it dangerous, right click and ignore the threat. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. No one had a gun to your head and said remove it. If that was the case, what would be the point in antispyware programs if you could not choose what to remove? You can choose to ignore or remove it. Its up to you. You are the user, and it's up to you.

I think this topic should be removed or moved to the tavern as this is not a place for discussion/arguing.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-09-14 at 03:37.