Hello. I upgrated today to the new version 1.5 of Spybot-S&D and noted some changes when comparing to version 1.4, some good and others not so good, in my opinion. In this post i'll refer only 2 of the changes in version 1.5 that I consider worse than the previous version:

1. The program takes now significantly more time to open than before. In my system it takes exactly 25 seconds from the moment i double click the shortcut icon until the box "Loading Spybot -Serch and Destroy..." appears. That doesn't bug me at all, but might hurt impatient users, who might inadvertently double click the icon several times, since they aren't seeing the loading box showing that the program has already been ordered to run. I have a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 processor and 2,0 GB System RAM.

2. In version 1.4 i configured resident "SDHelper" so that when Spybot blocked content when entering certain sites i could see a warning dialog box showing that information, something like "Spybot-S&D has blocked DoubleClick. You can disable this warning in Spybot configuration screen". I believe that many times the blocked content was coming not directly from the site itself, but instead, from some third party advertising company which was displaying ads in that site. But nevertheless, i considered it very useful, i liked to be warned rather than Spybot blocking content silently. I even got warnings about Spybot blocking DoubleClick when entering sites that i considered "safe" such as www.download.com ! It was only this Internet explorer add-on that has made me use IE7 instead of Firefox, although many people advise me to use Firefox instead !!!
But in version 1.5 i don't seem to be able to configure "SDHelper" as i did in version 1.4.
Is there any "unobvious" way to configure it so that i can turn on the warning dialog boxes ?
Thank you so much.