Thread: Scan Removable / External Drives

Smile Scan Removable / External Drives

How come when I set SB to scan another drive letter.. the scan takes a SUPER long time to actually complete? I'm using the advanced options and adding an external drive letter (e:\) to the Download directory list.. when I do this, the scan takes 8-10hrs to actually complete! Why is this?
    Is there another method to use?

I often take drives that need cleaning out of their boxes, attach a USB adapter, and then use SB to scan for issues.. but the only way I can scan another drive is through adding a location to the Download list.. Am I doing this wrong? Is there another way?

Please help!
    Thanks!
    Katt

Quote Originally Posted by kattmarl View Post
    How come when I set SB to scan another drive letter.. the scan takes a SUPER long time to actually complete? I'm using the advanced options and adding an external drive letter (e:\) to the Download directory list.. when I do this, the scan takes 8-10hrs to actually complete! Why is this?
    Is there another method to use?

I often take drives that need cleaning out of their boxes, attach a USB adapter, and then use SB to scan for issues.. but the only way I can scan another drive is through adding a location to the Download list.. Am I doing this wrong? Is there another way?

Please help!
    Thanks!
    Katt
    Did you ever get a solution for scaning the drive you attach to the usb.
    I use sabrent adapter to check drives.