Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Default Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer

Hi Warrior. Downloaded your patch (for which, thanks) but when I hit Start I got the message "TeaTimer.exe file not found or access error" although I do
    have the file in the S&D folder. What do you suggest,please.? Regards,Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by mcunix
    Use the Browse button and go find TeaTimer.exe
    Hi,mc. Only just seen your posting. So what do I do when I have found it.?
    (Please see my posting). Alpha.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

alpha24:

Try "Open" and then "Start".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi again Warrior. In the context of my earlier posting today, I think I should mention that my teatimer.exe file seems to be quite "dead"!! No amount of clicking will activate it and,having installed ResHacker, when I try to open tt.exe I get a ResHacker message "C\unzipped\Reshack\TeaTimer.exe no longer exists" It certainly doesn't exist in that location (where all the ResHack files are) but is in the S&D folder,although apparently defunct.!! Confusion reigns.!! Advice,please.? Regards, Alpha.

alpha24:

Which fix are you trying?
    1. ElPiedra's "ResHacker" fix from this post:
      http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...23&postcount=1
    2. murdo's "&D14 GUI Patch.zip"patch from this post:
      http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...75&postcount=9

Do you have a copy of the original (unmodified) TeaTimer.exe?
    • TeaTimer Properties
      TeaTimer
      Type of file: Application
      Description: System settings protector
      Size: 1 34 MB (1,415,824 bytes)
      Size on disk: 1 35 MB (1.417.216 bytes)
      Modified: Tuesday. May 31. 2005, 12:04:00 AM

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by mcunix
    Use the Browse button and go find TeaTimer.exe
    I did use the Browse button and got that error. When I logged on as administrator, the patch worked.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    alpha24:

1)Which fix are you trying?

2)Do you have a copy of the original (unmodified) TeaTimer.exe?
    Thanks md. 1) I've tried both. With Piedra's patch, when I tried to open TeaTimer.exe with ResHacker I got the message "C\unzipped\ResHack\TeaTimer.exe no longer exists." With Murdo's patch,when I hit Start I got the message "TeaTimer.exe file not found or access
    error". I do have the file in the S&D folder,but (as I've said above) it seems
    to be defunct.!! My TTX file (1.34MB) was modified on 31/05/05 at 01:04 but I'm not clear how to relate this 24 hour system time to your 12:04 am time, as on the 24 hour system this would be pm. In any case,there's not much of a margin.!! Cheers, Alpha.

alpha24:

If TeaTimer is no longer working, the only thing that I can suggest is that you reinstall Spybot 1.4 so that you have a working copy of TeaTimer.exe.

Please note: I suggest that you make a backup copy of TeaTimer.exe before attempting any of the fixes/patches.

If you were attempting to use murdo's "&D14 GUI Patch.zip" patch when you got the following error, it could have been because TeaTimer was still running:
    • "TeaTlmer.exe - File not found, or File access error!"

Before attempting to fix TeaTimer you must exit TeaTimer as follows:
    • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon.
    • Click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident (TeaTimer should close).

To restart TeaTimer:
    • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    • Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

There is also a one byte patch that appears to work. It was originally posted Sept. 28, 2005 by SyreneD in the net-integration forum:
    http://net-integration.us/forums/ind...dpost&p=160216

Unfortunately the link to the patch itself in the above post is broken so I have attached a copy of that patch to this post.

Smile Many Thanks Murdo

Many thanks Murdo - your automated patch from bottom of page one of this thread worked fine. In case it helps anyone else I would suggest to avoid any problems that you place the patch exe in the Spybot folder - where TeaTimer.exe should be visible. Copy the original TeaTimer to somewhere safe just in case of any problem.

Remember to shutdown the TeaTimer (if you have it running) before you run the patch - the easiest way to do that is by using the right click menu from the icon in the system tray - choose "Exit Spybot-S&D Resident".

You can restart TeaTimer direct - by double clicking the exe - or restart Windows to activate the fixed version.

Default Thanks

such a life saver , but why is it that We, the end user are the ones who have to make such an edit???

dont you think that perhaps that this is something that the developer should address?

not to get anyone upset or have any heart-akes, just an honest question.

and by the way thanks for this tip