Thread: zijpru.exe and Microsoft Update Machine

Default zijpru.exe and Microsoft Update Machine

Hi,
    I originally posted this query here and was advised to read the faq and repost here...

Basically, spybot asked me to approve/deny zijpru.exe and I declined since I didn't know what the 'Microsoft Update Machine' was and there was no reason for it to be running at that time.

I've searched here, microsoft and google for info on it but can't find anything. I'm running XP, zonealarm, Grisoft AVG, spybot. Everything is set to automatically update.

I've been trying all morning to use the Kaspersky online scanner. But it keeps timing out to the online scanner and the Kaspersky homepage.

I've run the HijackThis program but the log is really long so I think I'm not supposed to post until asked?

I've found zijpru.exe in c\windows\system32 and zijpru.exe-019EE1F0.pf in c\windows\prefetch. In task manager/processes, there's two zijpru.exe's running, one at 284k and the other at 4940k.

Thanks in advance.

Quick update:
    I was finally able to run the karpersky online scanner and there were no viruses, no infected objects and no suspicious objects.

Scan Target My Computer
    C:\
    D:\
    Scan Statistics
    Total number of scanned objects 154961
    Number of viruses found 0
    Number of infected objects 0
    Number of suspicious objects 0
    Duration of the scan process 01:55:23
    So now I'm quite confused because in my zonealarm logs, zijpru is blocked in the last 49 of the 50 alerts list.

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
    "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    All advice given is taken at your own risk.
    Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

Sorry for the wait but you appear to have missed this information Pinned to the top of the forum.
    The Waiting Room
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Zenobia posted the same link I provided above, which is pinned to the top of this forum. I have no idea if I can help you or not. To find out, read the directions and post a HJT log, since Kaspersky is clean I do not need it again.

Provide as much infomration about this item zijpru.exe as you can and also assure me your version of Spybot is totally up to date and fully immunized.

Thanks
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006