Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AntiSpyware 2009 cant open S&D or Hijackthis pls help

Blade , thanks so much for your help. I'll use the link for further help on those issues.
    Still have ATF Cleaner , reset tea time.bat, and hijackthis icons all on desk top. Should I just delete them? and the logs.The windows XP boot disk on my desktop is my restore point I guess? So keep that?.
    have file found not sure if they are infections:
    C:\System Volume Information\ _restore{2466A83D-1B81-456E-9766-38C2B7E48210}\...
    FILE NAME A0000066.EXE

C:\ProgramFiles\Online\services\NetscapOnline

FILE NAME NSsetup.exe
    both created on the same dayin 2004. These are ok right?

The changes you had me make in internet otions, is this blocking cookies now as it is on high not med any longer? If so how do I accept cookies from the places I want? Do cookies give viruses too?

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Still have ATF Cleaner , reset tea time.bat, and hijackthis icons all on desk top. Should I just delete them?
    ATF Cleaner is good for cleaning temporary items occasionally. You may delete resetteatimer.bat but uninstall HijackThis thru add/remove programs.

and the logs.The windows XP boot disk on my desktop is my restore point I guess? So keep that?
    You may delete logs too. Windows XP boot disk is recovery console installation file and can be deleted too.

have file found not sure if they are infections:
    C:\System Volume Information\ _restore{2466A83D-1B81-456E-9766-38C2B7E48210}\...
    FILE NAME A0000066.EXE

C:\ProgramFiles\Online\services\NetscapOnline

FILE NAME NSsetup.exe
    both created on the same dayin 2004. These are ok right?
    What are these connected to? Taken from some log? System restore things will be flushed by system restore reset to which I gave instructions earlier.

The changes you had me make in internet otions, is this blocking cookies now as it is on high not med any longer? If so how do I accept cookies from the places I want?
    One thing you should see in internet explorer settings. Go to tools and internet options.
    Click once on the Security tab
    Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    Change slider to mid level. Click ok and restart internet explorer.

See if site you had problems open ok. If it does then see the list in my 'all clean speech' and change ONLY settings I've listed there nothing else.

Do cookies give viruses too?
    Some cookies are bad. I'm using mvps hosts file myself and don't have to worry about cookies too much
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Well thanks to you my computer is now clean and safer.I'm still hanging online etc but I think it's machine related not maleware etc.After I get help from the techguy link and everthing is great, my children will be back on this computer. Soo not looking forward to this & resulting problems. I don't know how you can help us all here if you already deal with computers all day for a living. Thanks a 100 times over for your help and kindness.Remember ,KARMA I'm sure all the good you do will come back to you, & that's the way it should be.

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Thanks for the kind words & hope you get remaining problems solved too

Since malware related issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.