Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TeaTimer seems not to be functioning

Post TeaTimer seems not to be functioning

Hello

I am using the current version of Spybot S&D. Recently I have reinstalled XP with SP3. It is updated with the latest patches. As i installed Spybot again I found that the TeaTimer is not notifying me of all the startup programs that are added automatically to the registry which it did earlier.

Please tell me how can this issue be resolved. I depend heavily on TT regarding my registry integrity and protection. :(

Thank you

What version of TeaTimer are you using?
    If it is v.1.6.6, then it is the latest. In this mode TeaTimer is improved because it automatically allows legitimate/safe prompts (about changes).

However, if you want to return to the "old" way of TeaTimer where it'll prompt you of every startup entries, right click TeaTimer in the taskbar and enable "Paranoid Mode".

The latest TeaTimer is a good one because it cuts down the choices that some users will have to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    What version of TeaTimer are you using?
    If it is v.1.6.6, then it is the latest. In this mode TeaTimer is improved because it automatically allows legitimate/safe prompts (about changes).

However, if you want to return to the "old" way of TeaTimer where it'll prompt you of every startup entries, right click TeaTimer in the taskbar and enable "Paranoid Mode".

The latest TeaTimer is a good one because it cuts down the choices that some users will have to decide.
    Thank you for replying. I shall surely check out the version and post it here though I think it is the latest version of the system protector.

Just in case it is the 1.6.6 version, can I edit the white list/ Block list? For example TT allowed certain entries like Google Toolbar Update to be added in the startup list which I would not like to be added. IMHO Google Toolbar Update is hardly a critical component required to be run at startup.

Well, what you described in your post about Google Toolbar being auto allowed is TeaTimer's new behavior. Of course you can always return to the old way (Paranoid Mode) so TeaTimer will always prompt you of every single change. For me, I would rather use the new method of TeaTimer's monitoring and then manually going to the Startup Manager and remove Google Toolbar. But hey, how much resources can Google Toolbar take up? (I would just remove Google Toolbar from the start).

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Well, what you described in your post about Google Toolbar being auto allowed is TeaTimer's new behavior. Of course you can always return to the old way (Paranoid Mode) so TeaTimer will always prompt you of every single change. For me, I would rather use the new method of TeaTimer's monitoring and then manually going to the Startup Manager and remove Google Toolbar. But hey, how much resources can Google Toolbar take up? (I would just remove Google Toolbar from the start).
    Well I used Google TB as an example, my point is there may be others which are allowed by TT but which may use up my precious resources. Secondly, in TT I have an excellent option to automatically disallow any persistent program trying set itself at the Startup. Using msconfig really does not give me that functionality.

Thanks for replying.

I guess most of what I'm going to say was included in my previous post already. If you want TeaTimer to prompt you of every single change that occurs, feel free to switch to paranoid mode .

However, I would stick with the new monitoring technique and keep a close eye on what I download and if it includes anything (bundles). I'm guessing the old monitoring technique suits your tastes. : ]

I had to find out since a friend of me said "teatimer seems to be dead".
    Now I see why.

But I'm very disappointed in the way, S&D did not warn hes users about this new "silent gap".
    Many users put there trust in S&D and now it lets in some criple shit like autoruns etc...

This is NOT GOOD guys !!!

We all love this program, but what happend now is off limits

Whats the next surprice ????
    Last edited by brain; 2009-03-29 at 01:34.

brain, calm down now.

There are no surprises, if you've been looking through the forums and the news the developer already tells you what is including and what happens. There are no hidden surprises might give the user a bad experience.

Well, the developer tried to make TeaTimer a more effective and powerful module, while at the same time making it more convenient for the user (prompts) because some users who just had TeaTimer enabled by default didn't know how to respond to the prompt.

Default TeaTimer Does Not Remain Active After System Start

I'm new to the forum so I hope it's not bad form to add my question to an already existing thread.

My problem is that TeaTimer starts up when Windows starts but as soon as it starts it shuts down and the only way I can get it to start again is to restart Windows. Once it starts again, it immediately shuts down again.

Dell Precision M2400
    Windows XP Professional SP3
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    2.53 GHz, 1.98 GB of RAM

Hi ShadowStylez,

to Safer Networking Forums.

Please open your own thread next time. Otherwise, it could be very confusing if more people add their problems in a foreign thread.

Which other security tools (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, etc.) do you have installed onto your computer?

If Windows has started, open the Task Manager and look for a process called TeaTimer.exe ... can you find it?
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt