Thread: Open with diologe box

Default Open with diologe box

Before I run any program I have downloaded I scan the file with my AV software and Spy-Bot to be as sure as possible that the file is safe.
    Lately when I try to do this with Spy-Bot, instead of the scan starting I get the "Open With" dialog box.
    I tried to submit this in the "Contact us" page of the website but it keeps telling me I haven't copied the proper code into the box. Tried it 8x, guess I just can't spell.

Great program, been using it for years. Thank You!

Hello,

Spybot version 1.6 had the single files scan in the context menu. But there were so many complaints that we have decided to hide this feature in our new Spybot version 1.6.2.

You have to activate it manually.
    Enter your "Start" Windows panel on the lower left, choose "run" and enter the following command line parameter to activate it:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDFiles.exe" /register

After that you'll get a notification that the command was successfull executed.

Now you can rightclick on a file and click on the tab SpybotS&D.
    The single file will be scanned.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi Sandra,

I tried to copy and paste the command line from the text of the auto notification letter I was sent and from the forum answer but it would not work. I got an error message saying that windows could not find, "Program". (??? It said Program Files in the line of text, checked it twice ???)

Good old windows, still can't find it's own butt with both hands.

I solved the problem by opening up the "Run" command window, browsing my way to the file, (SDFiles.exe) and adding the, ( /register ) part at the end of the string, it worked fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.