Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Detection support library - download problem

Default Detection support library - download problem

When I try to download the latest version of the detection support library, I get the following message:

{crossed-out exclamation mark} Detection support library - !!! HTTP/1.1 200 OK

The library is NOT installed as it is listed again when I search for updates.

Any suggestions?
    G. Henry

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Have tried to download the "Detection support library" from more than one download server?

Try again. If you receive the "HTTP/1.1 200" error again, try changing the download server as indicated here for Bad Checksum errors:

Although I strongly suggest you attempt to receive the file as recommend above, there is a manual update for that file. Go to:
    • Then download and execute the following item:
      Tools update 2006-03-31 - product description
      md5: 6A3F1779DDC2EBAADB65C086687DF4B3

Only needed if you do not use the integrated update.
    • Note: If you update that file manually, it will not eliminate the "Detection support library" update from appearing in the integrated update facility. To do that, go into Spybot > Updates (left pane) > click on "Search for Updates" > when the item is presented, right click on the "Detection support library" portion of the message in the update column and select "Add to exclude list".

Warning: Please note that if you exclude the "Detection support library" download in the integrated update facility you will never be notified again if the "Advanced detection library" is ever updated in the future.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-06-07 at 17:44.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Problem persists

Thanks for your quick answer. Comments:

=> "Have you tried to download the "Detection support library" from more than one download server?" <=

Yes - problem persists. I have also tried de-installing and re-installing Spybot, without avail - problem persists.

In all cases the download process starts and performs in the usual manner, but ends with the message discussed.

=> "manual update ....

* Downloads – Home of Spybot-S&D!
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

* Then download and execute the following item:
    Tools update 2006-03-31 - product description" <=

I did that - afterwards Spybot still reports updates for the Detection Support Library, and the update attempts ends with the message under discussion.

=> "Note: If you update that file manually, it will not eliminate the "Detection support library" update from appearing in the integrated update facility. To do that, go into Spybot > Updates (left pane) > click on "Search for Updates" > when the item is presented, right click on the "Detection support library" portion of the message in the update column and select "Add to exclude list". <=

I have excluded the Detection Support Library from the integrated update facility and re-performed the manual update. Now how do I re-include the Library again?

Thanks again.
    G. Henry

Quote Originally Posted by ghenry
    I have excluded the Detection Support Library from the integrated update facility and re-performed the manual update. Now how do I re-include the Library again?
    Go into Spybot > Updates (left pane) > right click in the display area of the right pane > place the cursor on "Remove from exclude list" > select "Detection Support Library".

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Detection Support Library

OK, I've re-included it - and just now the update, while still reported (so the manual update didn't help) worked. The reasons? Whose (k)nose, as my Chinese friend used to say. After all, we're working under Windows.

Thanks again
    G. Henry

Default Problem persists

OK, here we go again - on my trying to download the latest update, the problem re-occurred. Unless anyone has a new idea, I might have to live with the situation...!?

:-(

G. Henry

The "Detection support library" update replaces the Tools.dll. If you manually downloaded and properly executed the spybotsd_tools.exe (md5: 6A3F1779DDC2EBAADB65C086687DF4B3) file and properly executed it, then the Tools.dll should have been updated. To verify:
    • Using windows explorer navigate to:
      • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    • Right click on Tools.dll and select Properties.
    • In the General tab does the Tools.dll file have the following properties?
      • Size: 467 KB (478,720 bytes)
      • Modified: Monday, February 20, 2006, 8:35:26 AM
    • In the Version tab does the Tools.dll file have the following property?
      • File Version: 2.0.0.2
    • If so the update worked!!!

If that update worked than you do not need the following update from the integrated update facility:
    • Detection support library - Detection support routines update (238 KB) - 2006-03-10

Default Detection Support Library

Hi,

my tools.dll shows exactly the properties you described, so it should be ok.

I have an idea that the updating problem has s.th. to do with my Antivirus/Firewall Software (Panda) - when I switched it off, the update worked. Since then there's been no further Spybot update so I couldn't test the matter.

But thanks a lot for your help!
    G. Henrx

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Have tried to download the "Detection support library" from more than one download server?

Try again. If you receive the "HTTP/1.1 200" error again, try changing the download server as indicated here for Bad Checksum errors:

For over a month or so, or whenever that last update came out, I was also unable to download it. I googled the terms of: Spybot advanced protection library 1.5.1 ... and found this forum. The above solution helped. However, if I wasn't motivated to find the answer, I never would have found it. I like Spybot, not as much as another tool I use, but is handy nonetheless. How many others have had this problem and did not look up how to fix this problem? The default download site for Spybot should work, if it doesn't then you should fix it.

Doma3:

If you are running Spybot 1.4 there is no "default download site". The download site is selected randomly from among all the available download sites.