Thread: Opera 9.64 to Opera 10 Final Immunizations Issue

Question Opera 9.64 to Opera 10 Final Immunizations Issue

I updated Opera 9.64 to Opera 10 Final this morning on WinXP Pro SP3.

On checking SpyBot Search & Destroy's v1.6.2.46 immunizations before running Opera for first time on each user account, all Opera immunizations are enabled as they were in Opera 9.64

Content - 331
    Cookies - 193
    Plugins - 43

Closed SpyBot S&D, opened Opera 10 and it went to http://www.opera.com/portal/startup/. Closed Opera and rechecked SpyBot S&D's immunizations. Now shows

Content - 0
    Cookies - 0
    Plugins - 43

Reimmunized, and Content showed enabled, but cookies weren't enabled.

Closed SpyBot S&D, opened Opera 10, cleared all private data, and closed Opera. On rechecking immunizations, these are enabled

Content - 0
    Cookies - 0
    Plugins - 43

Again, reimmunized, and Content showed enabled, but cookies weren't enabled.

The odd thing is, regardless of clearing or not clearing private date, or what SpyBot S&D shows, is that the immunizations are present in Opera 10, if first immunized in Opera 9.64. This can be checked in Opera by Tools | Advanced | Cookie , or Content. Plugins immunizations are always shown as enabled in SpyBot S&D.

hello,

thank you for reporting this issue.
    It appears that Opera moved the location of the configuration files that it uses for filtering content.

Please note that if you deimmunize Opera 10 you may not be able to immunize it again with Spybot S&D before a fix is released.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Thanks for reply, Yodama.

Today, I updated the SpyBot Search & Destroy definitions on my mother-inlaw's old WinME computer, ran the scan and immunized. Her machine had Opera 9.64 installed for some time. Immunizations went fine.

Then I updated Opera 9.64 to Opera 10.00 and ran it. On closing Opera, I checked the immunizations again. Oddly, on her WinME it was Opera Plugins only which were disabled. Reimmunized fine, and ran Opera again. On closing Opera, rechecked immunizations and they'd stayed enabled.

I can imagine what the SpyBot S&D programmers have to go thru with all the browsers. It's got to be like the carnival game, Whack-A-Mole.